McDonald Golf Club
Phone(s): +44 (0) 1358 722891, +44 (0) 1358 720576
Fax: +44 (0) 1358 720001
Ideally situated between the fishing trail and the historic castle country, McDonald Golf Club sprawls across the rolling Aberdeenshire countryside. The parcel of woodlands that the course sits on was donated to the citizens of Ellon by Sir John McDonald, the club's namesake. The original nine-hole course was built in 1926. The layout winds through groves of mature trees and lush rhododendron bushes. A meandering stream winds through the golf course, coming into play on nearly every hole. There are a few challenges in store but the course will still appeal to players of all skill levels. It's worth a try if only for the beauty of the pristine surroundings. McDonald Golf Club manages to seamlessly blend into the landscape, offering a home to the native red squirrel, which you may catch a glimpse of during your round.
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Public/Private: Semi-Private
- Year opened: 1927
- Golf Season:
- Guest Policy: Guests welcome after 10am except competition days.
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range:
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: £30
- Weekends: £40
- Tee times from $20 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: Only proper golf shoes are to be worn on the course.
- Dress code: Please wear shirts with collars and sleeves. Only tailored shorts may be worn in the clubhouse.
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo
Length, slope and rating for each tee